Spay and Neuter Programs and Other Assistance
These are mostly links for Wisconsin and some National Links. Check with your local shelter to see if they offer low cost spay neuter and feral cat Trap Neuter Return (TNR) services. If they do not, they will hopefully refer you to a place that does. Kittens can be sterilized at about 2 lbs (8-10 weeks). This insures that if you rehome kittens, they will be going home already fixed!
- Spay Me Clinic, now known as Wisconsin Community Veterinary Center (East Side of Madison) also does low cost spay/neuters, vaccinations and other vet services for indoor ($70+ vaccines) and outdoor cats ($40). You can bring in your feral in a trap M, T, W from 8-12 PM. They will fit them in as time permits. They also provide transports to and from the clinic from outlying areas out Wisconsin. They have a Storm the Streets project that provides free spay/neuter and vaccines several times throughout the year. Check the link and their events calendar
- Madison Cat Project, formerly Dane County Friends of Ferals – Surgeries are done at the shelter (South side of Madison) ($75 female, $65 male) which can be for indoor or outdoor cats. Schedule online or Email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot afford the price, they will work with you on a suggested donation.
- Precision Veterinary (West Side of Madison) low cost spay/neuters $60, vaccines, and other vet services for indoor and outdoor cats
- Underdog Pet Rescuehas low cost spay neuter and vet services.
- Capital City Vet Clinic in Sun Prairie spay neuter and vaccination specials.
- Animart has low cost vaccination clinics, and exams, and you can check out the store websites for the schedule. Animart also does low cost spay/neuter
- Wiscares thru UW vet school provides free or low cost vet care and temporary fosters for homeless people and people in a housing crisis
- Pets for Life for residents of the 53713 zip code (assistance with medical care, spay/neuter, pet food)
- Starlight Vet Clinicin Blue Mounds has a low cost spay neuter, vaccine and eartip service for $80
- Wisconsin Humane Society (West Allis) low cost clinic and SNAP – spay neuter assistance rogram and TNR for feral cats
- WI Humane Society Pets for Life Program (assistance with pet food, caccinations, spay/neuter) for seeral Milwaukee zip coes
- WI Humane Society Racine Campus low cost spay and neuter (SNAP) Program
- Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) spay neuter and other low cost services.
- Friends of MADACC has free or low cost spay/neuter services
- Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County (HAWS) SNIP Program (currently not open to the general public) and outdoor cat FREE spay/neuter program
- Kindred Kitties – Kenosha, WI both low cost spay neuter and TNR program
- Safe Harbor Humane Society – Kenosha, WI low cost spay neuter and TNR, vaccination clinic (all currently on hold)
- Pawprints on Our Hearts – Racine, WI, TNR, feral cat rescue (on hold for now)
- Feral Feline Project (Northern IL) TNR program
- Community Cat – can offer assistance with TNR on a limited basis. TNR through Humane Society of Southern WI $50. Please contact Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin (link below) to set up.
- Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin low cost spay neuter program for both indoor and barn cats, as well as a barn cat adoption program. They alo offer a low lost vaccine clinic.
- Animal Advocates of Sauk Co – links to several resources in South Central WI
- Columbia County Humane Society has volunteers who can help you with TNR (trapping and fixing your feral cats). Please contact the shelter and tell them about your feral cat situation
- Sauk Co Humane Society – Low Cost Spay Neuter Clinic and other resources such as a pet food pantry and assistance for owners to keep pets in their homes
- Ocooch Mountain Humane Society provides spay/neuter vouchers to low income individuals. Call 608-604-9554, or mail an application to: S/N Program, P.O. Box 229, Richland Center, WI 53581
- Green County Humane Society SNAP voucher program
- Cat Snip Clinic – Viroqua, WI
- Sparta TNR (608) 433-0263 and email@example.com Provide spay/neuter to outdoor cats in the Sparta area to stabilize outdoor cat population and prevent kitten/cat suffering
- Coulee Region Humane Society, La Crosse County has a TNR program, low cost spay/neuter program, and a barn/working cat program
- Lancaster Vet Clinic has neuter specials. Check with them about any upcoming dates
- Chasing Daylight Animal Shelter spay/neuter app. in Tomah
- Tomah Veterinary Clinic has low cost spay/neuter events. Please check with them on upcoming dates.
North Central/Central WI Wisconsin
- Fix a Pet – low cost spay neuter for Central WI through Clark County Humane Society. They will take appts from anywhere in the state
- The Fix is In – ON HIATUS NOW. Please keep checking back! Fix is in is a low cost spay neuter for North Central WI, located in Wausau, WI and does mobile clinics in and farm visits to spay barn cats. Check the website for dates and locations of mobile clinics. If you have a barn cat colony please reach out to them. Please sign up with them for the low cost spay/neuter and TNR services for your barn cats.
- Community Cat Action of Marathon County. TNR for Wausau and Marathon Counties.
- Waupaca Humane Society – low cost vaccination and spay neuter clinics
- Jackson County Animal Shelter gives discount coupons (2 animals per household per year) for spay/neuter that can be used at a vet clinic or a low cost spay/neuter clinic. The closest is the Fix a Pet through Clark County Humane Soc (see above). Check with your vet or clinic to see if they accept the coupons. This program is for Jackson Co residents ONLY and you have to come to the shelter IN PERSON to get the coupons.
- Animal Benefit Society Spay and Neuter Program – Manitowoc, currently on hold
- Cats Anonymous – Green Bay area spay neuter and TNR program. They are partnering with local shelters and municipalities to do low cost and in some cases free spay neuter, so check with your shelter, city/town and check their website. Vets who accept vouchers for spay/neuter for ferals are listed on this page.
- Green Bay Animal Rescue holds low cost spay neuter clinics with their partner vets.
- WI Humane Society Green Bay Campus low cost spay and neuter (SNAP) Program
- Fox Valley Humane Association – Low cost spay/neuter and vaccines and TNR program – For a limited time, FVHA will offer *FREE TNR* services to those in the Outagamie County! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920.733.1717 ext. 117 to schedule.
- Valley Cats – Rescue and TNR program in the Fox Cities area
- Oshkosh Humane Society -FREE Spay/neuter for barn cats -Call Tawana, at 920.424.2128. Some services are available for low income residents.
- Happily Ever After Low Cost Spay/Neuter – Green Bay Area
- Shawano Cares for Critters – has a TNR program, contact them for resources
- Keshena Help and Rescue – Low cost spay/neuter, vaccination and routine care for residents of the Menominee Reservation
- Lakeshore Humane Society Spay and Neuter Program and TNR Program FREE barn cats (Manitowoc County Residents)
- Free Roaming Feral Program – Low cost spay/neuter and TNR, Manitowoc area
- Cat Advocates TNR – Florence, WI assistance with TNR and low cost spay neuter
- Humane Society of Sheboygan County – TNR program is $30 per cat. Low cost fix for house cats is currently on hold.
- Lost Companion Rescue and TNR program – near Waupaca
- Tisch Mills Veterinary Clinic, Mishicot, (920) 755-4558
- Washington County Humane Society – TNR program and Barn Buddies
- Farm Feral and Stray – St. Croix,Washburn, Polk and Burnett, counties. Spay neuter and TNR program, or call (715) 501-8488
- Purple Cat mobile vet – Low cost spay/neuter for barn and house cats, Cumberland, WI
- St. Croix Animal Friends spay neuter program
- Cat Town Rescue – Amery and Stray and Feral Rescue, Lakeland, MN – These two rescues work with farmers, low income individuals, and people who have stray/feral cats and assist them with low cost spay neuter
- Protective Animal Welfare Society of Western WI spay neuter program, pet food assistance, River Falls area
- Arnell Memorial Humane Society, Amery – Low cost spay neuter for both indoor and barn cats
- Barron County PAWS low cost spay neuter help – 715-205-9551 or email@example.com
- Here to the Rescue TNR resource, Barron
- Northwoods Humane Society, Hayward – low cost spay neuter
- Critter Harbor, Superior, TNR and Spay/neuter assistance – (715)410-7666
- Community Cat Coalition – Rice Lake assists with TNR for community cats
State and National Spay Neuter Resources
- Spay USA – low cost spay neuter database for the US and grants for individuals to help with feral and stray cat sterilization. Apply here.
- Feral cat organization link from Alley Cat Allies. This is a website where you type in your city and state and get an email of feral cat rescues in your area.
- Pet Smart Charities Spay/Neuter clinic locator